The Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) course at CPR Plus focuses on improving the quality of care provided to seriously ill or injured children. The on-site American Heart Association (AHA) training teaches the leading industry standards required for healthcare providers.
Contact us today to sign up for a PALS certification course in the St. Louis area.
CPR Plus delivers convenient in-person training to your office space to accommodate your company’s schedule. We also help individuals who are seeking PALS certification by offering classes at multiple locations throughout the St. Louis.
Upon successful completion of the course, a certification card will be issued within 24 hours or even the same day of the class. The card is valid for two years.
The PALS class includes the following areas:
- Recognition of patients who do and do not require intervention
- Differentiation between pediatric respiratory distress and pediatric respiratory failure
- Early interventions for treatment of shock in children and infants
- Effective, high-quality cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) for children and infants
- Systematic approach to pediatric assessment by using initial impression, primary and secondary assessments and diagnostic tests
- Priorities and interventions to consider for infants and children with respiratory and/or circulatory emergencies
- Importance of effective communication and team dynamics during a pediatric resuscitation
- Selection and application of appropriate cardiorespiratory monitoring
- Selection and administration of the appropriate medications and electrical therapies when presented with a pediatric arrhythmia scenario
- Establishment of rapid capsular access to administer fluid and medications
- Key elements of post-resuscitation management in children and infants
This course is designed for St. Louis healthcare professionals who initiate and direct advanced life support in pediatric emergencies, including emergency physicians, family physicians, paramedics, respiratory therapists, and other healthcare providers.
CPR Plus offers another unique way to become PALS certified. The HeartCode® PALS program is a great option for students who want to learn outside of the traditional classroom setting. This two-part, online opportunity gives students the freedom to review material at their own pace.