Our mission at CPR Plus has always been to provide the best safety training to members of our community. Excellent training means people feel prepared to perform life-saving skills when the time comes. In light of COVID-19, we’re even more committed to that mission.
We know this is a difficult and confusing time for everyone, so we want to be sure you have all the information you need to make decisions about your training. Read our response to COVID-19 below to see what we’re doing to help protect you, our clients, our staff, family, and friends. Thanks from all of us at CPR Plus — we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Expanded Training Options
To do our part in preventing the spread of coronavirus, we’re postponing group classroom training until further notice. Instead, we’re offering some new solutions to help you meet your training needs during these uncertain times.
Option 1: Virtual training without certification
This program keeps staff current on their skills by using virtual training only. It does not include an in-person skills check or certification card.
- Our office coordinates with yours to schedule a virtual class.
- Your staff attends our live-streaming training session from their own location.
- Course content comes from the American Heart Association. CPR Plus instructors lead the training session.
- Because this program does not include hands-on practice or skills check-off, we do not issue certification cards on the day of the course.
Option 2: Virtual training with later certification
This program allows staff to do virtual training and then complete the hands-on skills demonstration later.
- Students who attend a virtual class may earn certification by scheduling a hands-on skills check with one of our instructors.
- The skills check must be done within 30 days of completing the virtual class.
- After successfully completing the skills check, students receive American Heart Association certification cards.
- We take all the necessary precautions to ensure everyone’s health and safety during these small meetings. This includes abiding by the CDC’s social distancing measures and the AHA’s equipment disinfection procedures.
Equipment Sterilization Procedures
CPR Plus has always adhered to strict protocols for disinfecting the equipment used in our classes. Here’s what we’re doing to ensure your health, safety, and peace of mind:
- We disassemble training manikins and bags after every class and clean each part. Our cleaners are medical-grade disinfectants rated to kill the strongest strains of bacteria, viruses, and other pathogens.
- We also provide alcohol wipes and sprays throughout class for anyone who wants to wipe down their own equipment as an extra measure.
If you have any questions or concerns, we’re here to help. Please feel free to talk with your instructor during class or contact our office to reach the company owner.