Basic Life Support (BLS) certification courses for healthcare professionals
- Course accredited by the American Heart Association and developed specifically for healthcare providers
- First-time and renewal BLS certification courses customized to your group’s needs
- Two-year AHA certification cards issued within 24 hours after passing course
What to expect in a BLS class
Basic Life Support (BLS) training curriculum focuses on the importance of early recognition and applying best practices and techniques. Course content includes:
- Adult, child and infant CPR
- Two-person CPR
- Correct use of the bag-valve-mask
- Treatment for choking and airway obstruction
- Rescue breathing techniques
- Best-practice use of an AED in a healthcare setting
Who should take a BLS certification course
BLS training is for professionals who need to know how to perform CPR and use an AED within their healthcare workplace. This includes healthcare professionals such as:
- Hospital support staff
- Dental professionals
- College students focusing on a healthcare career
Flexible training options
On-site BLS training at your location
Let CPR Plus come to you! On-site training throughout St. Louis is our speciality. In fact, we’ve been doing it for close to 30 years. We’ll set up and break down everything needed for your class. And we’ll even follow up with you when it’s time for your group’s renewal certification. In other words, we’ll make your BLS class simple and convenient. Learn more about on-site training.
Online BLS training courses
Need to accommodate busy schedules or different learning styles? Our blended-learning BLS program combines online coursework with hands-on training, providing even more flexibility. Learn more about blended-learning courses.
One-on-one BLS certification
Sometimes you just need to get certified quickly or you can’t attend a regular class. Let us help! For those with special circumstances, we offer individual BLS training with one of our instructors. Learn more about one-on-one classes.
Book your BLS class
Schedule training or request more information
Ready to learn more? We’re ready to help and we look forward to hearing from you!
- Find a course that’s convenient for you
- Start booking your group’s training
- Inquire about personalized one-on-one training